Sutton in Craven
Sunday, April 22, 2012 17:15
Shared Lives - becoming a carer
We are looking for people in the South Craven/ Keighley and Skipton area to become Shared Lives Carers to provide a home and support to a young lady.
What is Shared Lives and who can it help?
Shared Lives carers provide help for adults with support needs to enable them to live their life in the community.
The shared lives scheme helps the supported person to:
Maintain and enhance their physical, emotional and spiritual wellbeing
Protects them from harm
Single people, couples and families from a wide variety of experience, backgrounds and cultures can become Shared Lives carers. No formal qualifications are required but we are looking for people with:
• openness and commitment to understanding people with support needs
• an interest in helping people develop new skills
• an ability to demonstrate some basic skills and knowledge required for a caring role
• promote the positive development of the Shared Lives Scheme
Benefits of becoming a Shared Lives Carer
• you can escape your more traditional 9 to 5 job
• a job that's rewarding
• a job that fits in with your life style and is based within your own home
• ongoing training for a career in social care
• free membership to NAAPS and Carer Public Liability Insurance
• regular support and monitoring to ensure that each party is getting the most out of Shared Lives
• competitive rates of pay
• ongoing Carer Support
If you would like to find out more about becoming a Shared Lives carer please contact me, Katie Peacock by email email@example.com or by texting or ringing 07545546738