Village Web Site Forum
Friday, May 31, 2013 09:10
planning application, off West Lane
Please look at this application on Craven District Councils website.
10 houses planned for building on the land surrounding Littlecroft on West Lane.
Do you live on West Lane ?
Do you enjoy looking out across the fields?
Do we need 10 more houses up there ?
Think of the increase in traffic along High Street, already virtually one way at any time of day. Imagine the Plant ,lorries etc. - site traffic using this narrow village street every day for 6 months.
If this is passed there will be more, you can guarantee. Allegedly there will be a planning application for a development off Ellers Road on the land behind the Bay Horse shortly......
Sutton in Craven
Friday, August 2, 2013 11:36
You will no doubt be saddened and bitterly disappointed to learn that the application has been granted despite the fact that:
- the site lies outside the development limits of Sutton and has previously been refused (on three occasions in 1992, 2001 and 2002)
- it is not a site allocated for residential development under Policy H2
- the development fails to meet the requirements of Local Plan Policy ENV1
- the drainage system is inadequate with current persistent drainage problems
- traffic is a serious problem and the proposed entrance is at the narrowest part of the road which is extremely dangerous
- it is an area of archaeological interest with earthworks of a medieval trackway and later post medieval trackways. Advice received from NYCC Archaeology is that the development could potentially destroy/disturb the remains
- there are bats roosting in the area, possibly in the protected trees on the site
- 17 letters of objection were received
- the considerable affect on already stretched local amenities
The 'Summary of Principal Planning Issues' in the planning committee report do not seem to have been taken into account by the planning committee and one can only assume that because there is a target shortfall of the 15 affordable houses by 2016 they have disregarded these important issues (four of these new properties are to be affordable housing).
Safety is an extreme concern of the residents of West Lane, and as any villager will know this lane is used as a 'rat run' for many drivers travelling through the village. There are limited pavements which is a major problem for children and the elderly and the road is generally a one track lane because of parked cars, with vehicles having to use the wrong side of the road. All our concerns and worries have been put forward to CDC Planning, but reaching targets is obviously more important than resident welfare and safety, burden on existing amenities, embracing and protecting archaeological features and protecting wildlife. The majority of these houses are 3 and 4 bedroomed properties (I believe the shortfall of affordable housing is for 1 and 2 bedroomed properties).
Most of the residents did not receive a notice of the meeting and those who did received it two working days before the actual meeting. Apparently the planning committee were extremely rude to the local residents who had turned up.
I am at a loss why the plans have now been passed when on three previous occasions they have been refused. Nothing has improved/changed in the last 11 years and surely if plans have been refused on three previous occasions, because of legitimate reasons, these would still stand.
I am sure you can decide your own views of our planning committee.
Posting to the forum is de-activated due to lack of use.
You are welcome to browse through posts but cannot add comments or start new topics.