Village Web Site Forum
Wednesday, August 23, 2006 10:47
General Information wanted Please
We have just moved into the area a couple of weeks ago and I am looking for some local information on various subjects. I must say how lucky you all are to live in such a beautiful area, but I am sure you all appreciate that.
1. Parent & Toddler Groups - I know there are two Playgroups (tiny tots and the one from the baptist church), but are there any Parent and Toddler groups in Sutton. Theres one at St Peters Church Hall in Crosshills but are there any in Sutton.
2. Walks - are there any known publications of local walks up and around the Clough and Ellers?
3. Recycle Bins - I was informed that we couldnt have a recycle bin as we lived up the Ellers and the bin man said it was on too steep a hill, there isnt a problem collecting my normal rubbish so why the problem with recycling?, any ideas or help as who to contact about this as I am a bit Green!!.
4. Allotments - Who to contact, where are they, is there a local allotment group??
I will be back pestering for more information later but if anyone could help me in the meantime with the above it would be gratefully appreciated.
Thursday, August 24, 2006 14:25
|Hello Jim and welcome!
Others may provide a more detailed reply, but here's my quick thoughts...
1. There's a Parent and Toddler Group on Friday mornings from 9.30 till 11.00 in the Park Pavilion. I believe this is organised by the same people who run the group at St Peter's.
2. I'm not aware of any such publications, but the Parish Council is currently on with putting up signs for footpaths and bridleways.
3 & 4 - I'd suggest initially contacting a member of the Parish Council, details are on the page on the website.
Thursday, September 21, 2006 21:21
|In relation to 3 above, contact Neville Allan at Craven District Council; he is the Head of Waste Management.
Wednesday, August 15, 2007 09:45
|1 year on ............. still no signs for brildeways ZZZzzzzzzzz
Nathan Jack Productions
Wednesday, August 15, 2007 13:54
Just out of interest have you got your recycling bin?
Posting to the forum is de-activated due to lack of use.
You are welcome to browse through posts but cannot add comments or start new topics.